Q: Now that NCPP is virtual, how can I watch the show?
A: The show will air on November 14, 2020 via Twitch. Join us and cheer on our performers via the live chat!
Q: I want a professionally shot video and photos, is this available with the virtual format?
A: Yes! While we welcome video submissions shot at home or a place of your choosing, NCPP is also partnering with Knocking Bird Creative and Revel Room Studios to bring you a professional shoot opportunity. The shoot will take place October 24th. Your video from the shoot will be your submission for the show and will air on November 14, 2020. The shoot will comply with strict social distancing standards to ensure everyone's safety (check our our Rules page for specifics). Stay tuned for details on how to sign up!
Q: I don't have a home pole, can I still participate?
A: Yes! You have two options:
- Join our socially distanced professional shoot! NCPP is partnering with Knocking Bird Creative and Revel Room Studios to bring you a professional shoot opportunity. The shoot will take place October 24th. Your video from the shoot will be your submission for the show and will air on November 14, 2020. Stay tuned for details on how to sign up!
- Choreograph a routine without a pole! Show off your floor work or get creative with an alternate apparatus (time to dust off the old chair perhaps?).
Q: Is my registration refundable now that the event is virtual?
A: We have many options for you to consider. First off, we would love to see you remain part of the show! You can choose to submit a video of your performance or participate in our in-studio professional shoot with Knocking Bird Creative held at Revel Room Studios. If you are no longer interested in performing, and registered after our announcement of a virtual show in July please consider:
- Donating your registration fee to sponsor a scholarship for another performer.
- Donating your registration fee to one of our supported organization (The Loveland Foundation, UNCF, NAACP, and NAACP Legal Defense Fund.)
- Electing to donate your registration fee to your local studio.
- Transfer your registration fee to our 2021 event.
Q: I live far away, what if the COVID-19 restrictions where I live are more limited than in San Jose?
A: Please follow your local guidelines, your health is the most important thing! We encourage you to submit a video of your performance if you are unable to join the professional studio shoot.
Q: I am immunocompromised, is my registration transferrable or refundable?
A: Yes, of course. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Q: I normally work with a coach to build my routines, what are my options if the studios are still closed?
A: We have an amazing local network of instructors here in the Bay Area. Let us know if you need us to refer you to a great coach who can help you build your routine virtually. /
Q: I am interested in supporting NCPP as a virtual coach, volunteer, etc. How can I get involved?
A: First off, thank you! Email us at email@example.com with details. We can’t wait to connect!
Q: I have more COVID-19 questions about the event, what do I do?
A: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we want to hear from you.