Q: Where will NCPP 2021 air?
A: The show will premiere at the Redwood City Downtown 20 cinema on October 30, 2021. This in-person event is subject to all local COVID-related restrictions. Join us to cheer on our performers and celebrate pole with your besties. The show will be available for on-demand viewing via YouTube beginning November 1, 2021.
Q: What do I need to know about the movie theatre premiere?
A: NCPP 2021 premieres at the Redwood City Downtown 20 cinema October 30, 2021. This in-person event is subject to all local COVID-related restrictions. To celebrate Halloween weekend, join us in costume - just be sure to follow the theatre's policies (e.g. no weapons real or imitated, no masks, etc. - read more here). Parking for the event is available in the underground garage and is free with theatre validation. Note that the theatre is located in the heart of downtown Redwood City, take advantage of the surrounding restaurants and nightlife to maximize your evening!
Q: I want a professionally shot video and photos, is this available with the virtual format?
A: Yes! While we welcome video submissions shot at home or a place of your choosing, we are partnering with Knocking Bird Creative and Revel Room Studios to bring you a professional shoot opportunity. The shoot will take place October 2nd, 2021. Your video from the shoot will be your submission for the show and will air on October 30, 2021 at the theatre premiere. The shoot will comply with strict social distancing standards to ensure everyone's safety (check our our Rules page for specifics). Not available for our October 2nd shoot? Check with Knocking Bird Creative, NCPP's official videographer, for additional filming opportunities.
Q: I don't have a home pole, can I still participate?
A: Yes! You have a few options:
- Join our socially distanced professional shoot! We are partnering with Knocking Bird Creative and Revel Room Studios to bring you a professional shoot opportunity. The shoot will take place October 2, 2021. Your video from the shoot will be your submission for the show and will air on October 30, 2021 at the theatre premiere.
- Check with your local studio for rental and filming options
- Choreograph a routine without a pole! Show off your floor work or get creative with an alternate apparatus (time to dust off the old chair perhaps?).
Q: Is my registration refundable?
A: While registrations are non-refundable we have many options for you to consider. First off, we would love to see you remain part of the show! If you are no longer interested in performing, please consider:
- Donating your registration fee to sponsor a scholarship for another performer.
- Donating your registration fee to one of our supported organization (The Loveland Foundation, UNCF, NAACP, and NAACP Legal Defense Fund.)
- Electing to donate your registration fee to your local studio.
- Transfer your registration fee to our next event.
Please send us an email if you have a questions regarding your specific situation.
Q: I live far away, what if the COVID-19 restrictions where I live are more limited than in San Jose?
A: Please follow your local guidelines, your health is the most important thing! We encourage you to submit a video of your performance if you are unable to join the professional studio shoot.
Q: I am immunocompromised/got Covid-19/have been exposed, is my registration transferrable or refundable?
A: Yes, of course. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Q: I normally work with a coach to build my routines, what are my options if the studios are still closed?
A: We have an amazing local network of instructors here in the Bay Area. Let us know if you need us to refer you to a great coach who can help you build your routine virtually.
Q: I am interested in supporting Seven as a virtual coach, volunteer, etc. How can I get involved?
A: First off, thank you! Email us at email@example.com with details. We can’t wait to connect!
Q: I have more COVID-19 questions about the event, what do I do?
A: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we want to hear from you.